FF135 RECESSED LIGHT DRAFT STOP COVER
Go Green with the FF135 Insulation Protection Cover and start saving money on your energy bill.
The FF135 Recessed Light Draft Stop Cover is a fire resistant enclosure that was specifically designed to protect your light fixture from insulation in the attic and to stop unwanted airleakage through your recessed light.
The FF135 has been tested in accordance with UL1598 for usage with IC and Non-IC rated recessed lights.
Most recessed lights are not compatible with insulation and oftentimes start cycling on/off after they have been buried with cellulose, foam, fiberglass, etc. The lights’ malfunction is a concern and a safety hazard. Pushing the insulation away is not an effective solution since it creates air passages in the building envelope and wastes energy.
Due to the improved airtightness and insulation, the users experience significant energy savings. The Recessed Light Covers allow the insulation to be continuous and uninterrupted over the whole area of the ceiling, therefore saving energy and carbon emissions. The FF135 covers are fit within seconds and do not require assembly or special tools.
Simply put the flexible and lightweight cover on top of your light fixture – Done Deal! The durable dome-shaped design ensures that the insulation is kept at a safe distance from the light, preventing combustible materials, such as blown-in cellulose, to come in contact with the hot light.
Internal Height 10 3/4″
Internal Diameter 16 1/2″
- Fire tested according to UL 1598 for usage with IC and Non-IC rated lights.
- Compatible with sprayed foam insulation, low density foam, blown-in insulation and lay-in insulation.
- Reduces heat loss through the light fixture.
- Limits the amount of cold or hot air entering from outside.
- Prevents insects and other small animals from entering through the light.
- Keeps flammable insulation at a safe distance from hot recessed lights.
- Flexible and lightweight (approx. 2 lbs.)
- Easy to fit – can be fitted in seconds – No assembly required.
- Enhances the acoustic protection of the ceiling.
- Flexible material enables cover to be fitted around obstructions or retro-fitted.
- Maintenance free.